Is an independent charity that offers prisoners and those at risk of going to prison (trainees), the chance to develop a bespoke resettlement plan, that incorporates training, skills development and confidence building.
The PeN project:
- Allows trainees to tell their stories in their own words, illustrated through the photographs they take to record their time at LandWorks
- Enables the community to engage with the trainees through this blog and other social media:
“critically giving trainees a voice, one that is otherwise unheard, the voice of an ‘offender’ talking to the community they have hurt” (LandWorks project manager)
Creating a PeN project blog post:
- Trainees take photographs, which are discussed privately with the lead researcher.
- These interviews are transcribed and a blog of around 500 words is created, agreed and then posted alongside photographs on this website.
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram publicise the new posts and comments, likes etc., are fed back to the trainees.